This cobbler is the perfect quick dessert to throw together in summer. The best part? It tastes like it took hours and many more ingredients to make. It features fresh or canned peaches, so you can enjoy this recipe all year round. Serve with a dollop of French vanilla ice cream.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Cup sugar, plus 1/4 for topping
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 3 Cups fresh peaches, sliced (use frozen or canned if peaches aren’t in season)
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together.
Stir in sugar.
Slowly stir in milk.
Melt butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet or a 9-inch pan.
Pour batter over butter and do not stir.
Lay peaches on top of the batter.
Sprinkle with up to 1/4 cup sugar and the ground cinnamon.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.