- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Pound ground beef
- 8 Ounces baby Portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 23 1/2 Ounces marinara sauce, such as Prego Farmers’ Market Classic Marinara Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 Ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Parmesan, grated, to serve
Season the beef as desired. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the beef, mushrooms, carrots, and garlic, and cook until the beef is well browned. Stir often to break down the meat.
Increase the heat to high. Add the wine or stock and bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the sauce and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the heavy cream. Season to taste. Add the spaghetti and toss to coat. Serve with grated Parmesan sprinkled on top.