- 1 Pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 2/3 Cups mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons butter, for frying
Carefully check the crabmeat for any cartilage or shell. Put the meat in a bowl and set it aside.
Mix the bread with all of the remaining ingredients except for the butter. Gently fold in the crab, careful not to break up the crab into shreds. Shape into 10 crabcakes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Heat about 2 tablespoons of the butter in a non-stick frying pan. Sauté until golden brown on each side, about 3-5 minutes a side.
Garnish with tartar sauce, remoulade, or simply with a squeeze of lemon.