- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ Teaspoon fresh chopped thyme leaves
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 4 rolls, toasted
- ½ Cup marinara sauce, warmed
Combine the ground meat, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes and mix, just until combined. Then, gently form 4 patties.
Grill the patties over medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 5 minutes per side. Then, add one slice of cheese to each patty and grill for one minute more.
Serve the patties on the toasted rolls, topped with warmed marinara sauce.