- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Pounds beef shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried, crushed rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and thickly sliced
- One 10-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- One 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 Cup beef broth or red wine
Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and brown thoroughly with bacon and rosemary. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Add onion; sauté until lightly caramelized.
Place beef mixture, carrot and tomatoes in slow cooker. Top with beans and beef broth or red wine.
Cover and cook 3-4 hours on low.