Meatball Street Tacos
In many parts of the country you can buy tacos from a street cart vendor to enjoy as a snack or on-the-go lunch. These are known as "street tacos" and they've become so popular, Mr. Food Test Kitchen came up with an easy version you can make at home. Its Meatball Street Tacos are zesty in flavor and loaded with all of your favorite taco toppings!
This recipe is provided by the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association and Mr. Food Test Kitchen.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 (28-ounce) package frozen turkey meatballs, partially thawed and cut in half
- 3 Cups frozen pepper and onions, thawed
- 1 (1-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1/3 Cup water
- 8 corn (or flour) 6-inch tortillas, warmed
- 2 Cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cilantro and cream sauce
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook meatballs with the pepper and onion mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add taco seasoning and water, mix well and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through.
Place the meat mixture down the center of tortillas then evenly distribute lettuce, tomato, and cheese, and drizzle with cilantro cream sauce. Serve immediately.