Recipe courtesy of Nestle Toll House
- 12 squares Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough, such as Nestle Toll House
- 12 bell shaped candies, such as Nestle Toll House Butterfinger or Crunch Jingles
- 12 pretzel checkerboard snaps or mini pretzels for hat base
- 2/3 Cups prepared white frosting
- 24 large marshmallows
- 12 pretzel sticks for arms
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, such as Nestle Toll House
- 12 small orange candies or orange decorating gel for nose
- Thin-string licorice, various colors, cut into twelve
Prepare 12 cookies as directed on package. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
To mat hats, adhere Jingles to pretzel snaps with frosting. Set aside.
To make snowmen: insert 2 pretzel sticks into each side of 12 marshmallows to create arms on base of snowman. Spread a heaping teaspoon of frosting onto center of each cookie; top with snowman base. Press down lightly. Spread additional frosting on top of each snowman base. Top with remaining 12 marshmallows. Dip orange candies and mini morsels into frosting and add noses, eyes and buttons to snowmen. For scarf, tie each piece of licorice loosely around neck of snowman using frosting as glue, if necessary. Let both hats and snowmen bases stand for 20 minutes to set frosting and make snowmen stable.
Prior to serving, adhere hats to snowman head with frosting. If snowmen need to set up more, lean them against a glass or can to set.