- 1 zucchini
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons dijon mustard, optional
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 Ounces cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 handful parsley, chives, or dill, finely chopped
- 4 Ounces baby kale, spinach, or arugula
- 1 handful Marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Using a julienne peeler, peel the zucchini into ribbons. Toss the ribbons with the lemon juice and zest, mustard, red onion, half the olive oil, a pinch of salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside to marinate for at least 5 minutes.
Add the chicken, herbs, remaining olive oil, and toss to combine. Taste and add more lemon juice, mustard, salt, or pepper, as desired. When ready to serve, divide greens among bowls and top with zucchini chicken mixture. Garnish with almonds.