Marinated Watermelon Caprese Skewers
A fun twist on classic Italian Caprese, watermelon stars are soaked in an herby basil balsamic marinade and skewered with mild white cheese and prosciutto.
This recipe is courtesy of McCormick.
- 1 package balsamic marinade, preferably McCormick Grill Mates Basil Balsamic Veggie Marinade Mix
- 1/4 Cup oil
- 1/4 Cup water
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 mini seedless watermelon, (about 10 pounds), cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 8 Ounces provolone, thinly sliced
- 6 Ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup blueberries
Mix marinade mix, oil, water and vinegar in small bowl. Set aside.
Cut out star shapes from each watermelon slice with small star-shaped cookie cutter.
Place in large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; turn gently to coat well.
Refrigerate 15–20 minutes.
Remove watermelon from marinade. Reserve any remaining marinade.
Cut each watermelon star in half crosswise to form 2 thinner stars.
To assemble each skewer, thread 1 blueberry, 1 thin watermelon star, 1 prosciutto slice, 1 cheese slice and another thin watermelon star onto a short wooden skewer or toothpick, pressing together to make a star-shaped watermelon sandwich.
Drizzle skewers with reserved marinade, if desired.