Maria's Homemade Chicken Yakitori
Chicken yakitori, otherwise known as grilled chicken skewers, is a fast and easy way to get a delicious dinner out on the table. This recipe makes the yakitori a year-round favorite by using the oven's broiler, but the skewers work out great on a grill, too.
- 4 chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes
In a shallow pan, combine the chicken cubes with the peppers, onions, soy sauce, oil, ginger, sugar, and garlic.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Weave the marinated chicken, peppers, and onions onto skewers.
Preheat the broiler, and place a rack in a shallow baking pan. Broil the skewers about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is tender. Serve on a bed of steamed rice.