- 3 medium sweet potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and diced into 2-inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup, preferably Grade B
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated on a Microplane
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
Place the potatoes in a small pot filled halfway with cool water.
Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of a knife, then drain well.
Add the drained potatoes to a food processor with a metal blade attachment (for a super smooth texture) or large bowl (for a more rustic texture).
Process in the food processor or mash with a potato masher, then add the remaining ingredients and continue processing or mashing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover with aluminum foil until ready to serve.