- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 pound peeled carrots, sliced diagonally into ¼ inch thick slices
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon mustard, such as Colman’s Prepared Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or parsley, optional
In large saucepan, combine the water, carrots, maple syrup, and salt. Cover and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
Uncover and cook over high heat, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender and only a small amount of liquid remains in the pan.
Stir in the mustard and butter. Stir until well coated and carrots are tender. Garnish with herbs before serving.