- 1 (4-ounce) whole-wheat French bread baguette
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/8 Teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/8 Teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 Ounces ricotta cheese (about 3/4 cup)
Preheat the broiler.
Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
Slice the baguette into 8 thin slices; arrange on the baking sheet. Toast the bread under the broiler until golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning the slices halfway through. Remove from the oven.
Remove the bread from the baking sheet.
Reduce the oven temperature to 450°F. Toss the cherry tomatoes with the oil, 1/4 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper, and sugar; place the tomatoes on the baking sheet and bake at 450°F for 20 minutes.
Using a rubber spatula, fold the basil, thyme leaves, oregano, lemon rind, and lemon juice into the ricotta.
Spread 11/2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture evenly over each toast; top with the roasted tomatoes.
Sprinkle the toasts evenly with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Recipes excerpted with permission from One Sheet Eats by Oxmoor House (Time Inc. Books, 2017)