- Nonstick cooking spray, such as Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- ⅔ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds, such as Watkins™
- 1 large lemon (1 tablespoon grated peel and 1 to 2 tablespoons juice)
- 3½ Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits), such as Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers
- 1 Tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to hang 2 inches over the long sides of the pan.
In a small bowl, mix the sugar, poppy seeds, and lemon peel. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave 3 tablespoons of the butter uncovered on High until melted, 20 to 25 seconds.
Separate the dough into 8 biscuits. Separate each biscuit into 2 layers. Brush both sides of each biscuit layer with the melted butter, then dip into the poppy seed mixture. Starting at one short end of the pan, place the biscuit layers on their edges, just touching each other, until the pan is loosely filled. Sprinkle any remaining poppy seed mixture between the biscuits.
Bake until golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes. To prevent excess browning, loosely cover with foil, if necessary. Cool 10 minutes; remove the bread from the pan to a cooling rack, using the parchment paper as the handles. Cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat the remaining ½ tablespoon butter, the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and drizzling consistency. Drizzle the glaze over the pull-apart bread. Serve warm.