- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ Pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 6 Cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 packages instant ramen noodles, without spice packet
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 1 soft boiled egg (optional)
- 1 scallion, chopped for garnish (optional)
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add leek and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for one to two minutes or until soft and fragrant.
Add chicken breast and cook until fully almost fully cooked, about four to five minutes.
Add chicken stock, season with salt and pepper, and bring soup to a boil. Lower heat and simmer soup for about ten minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Return pot to a boil and add ramen noodles. Cook until firm, about three minutes. Remove from heat and squeeze juice from lemon into soup, avoiding seeds.
Divide soup between four bowls. Garnish with scallions and soft boiled egg and serve.