Lemon and Herb Olives
California Ripe Olives
These are great make ahead appetizers; delicious at room temperature or slightly warm. While you could make it with just Black Ripe Olives, Califronia Ripe Olives like mixing the black olives with Green Ripe Olives for a yummy buttery taste and great aesthetic.
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 (6-ounce) cans California Green Ripe Olives, or other olive brand, drained
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly grated lemon zest
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add shallots and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Stir in lemon juice and vinegar and cook for a minute or two more.
Add olives, herbs and red pepper flakes; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Sprinkle with lemon zest.
Serve warm or refrigerate until chilled and serve cold.