- 1 package premade whole grain pizza dough (about 1 pound), thawed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Pound ground American lamb
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 Cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 3/4 Cups goat cheese crumbles
- 2 Cups arugula (about 2 ounces)
Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 teaspoon oil. Using your hands, spread dough over entire length of baking sheet, pushing dough to edge (or roll out on floured surface and transfer to pan). Bake for 5 minutes at 450ºF. Remove from oven; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add lamb, shallot, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper; cook until lamb is completely browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Brush par-baked crust with 1 teaspoon oil. Evenly distribute cooked lamb and pepperoncini; top with crumbled goat cheese. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese looks slightly melted and edges of crust are golden brown. Toss arugula with remaining 1 teaspoon oil; set aside. Remove pizza from oven and top with dressed arugula.