- 3 1/2 Cups chicken stock, preferably Kitchen Basics All Natural Original Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups quick-cooking grits
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 2 Cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Organic Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon McCormick Gourmet Organic Coarse Grind Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Bring chicken stock to boil in large saucepan.
Stir in grits.
Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet on medium heat.
Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
Remove from heat.
Add grits, cheese, eggs, water, jalapeño pepper, red pepper and black pepper; mix well.
Spoon into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
Bake 30 minutes or until set.