Meatloaf makes delicious leftovers. Top a slice with your favorite tomato sauce and a light sprinkle of lowfat mozzarella cheese and reheat. An instant pizza burger! It's just as good the second time around.
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 1 Teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 slices sandwich bread, dried out
- 3/4 Cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs (large), lightly beaten
- 4 Eggland's Best eggs, hard cooked
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F; lightly coat a 9 X 5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
Combine all ingredients (except hard cooked eggs) in a large bowl and mix well.
Shape half of the ground meat mixture into an oval and press in the bottom of th pan; arrange hard cooked eggs lengthwise down the center.
Shape the remaining ground meat mixture on top of the eggs to form a loaf.
Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until top is browned and beef is cooked through.