According to the Hot Mess Kitchen Girls the key is not to wallow in your jealousy, instead you should cook and tell yourself just how not jealous you are.
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 Pound andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes, with their juice
- 1 Cup uncooked long-grain rice (white or brown)
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat.
Season the chicken with the salt and pepper. Add to the pot and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside to cool. When it is cool enough to handle, cut into ¾-inch cubes and set aside.
Add the celery, onion, and bell pepper to the pot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Add the sausage and cook another 3 minutes.
Add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.
Stir in the broth, tomatoes, and ½ cup water. Bring to a boil.
Add the rice and the cooked chicken and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and cover. Let stand until rice is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed, 30 to 35 minutes.
Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
Serve hot, ladled into bowls.