- 4 Cups milk (whole or 2 %)
- 4 Tablespoons Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 6-8 Ounces bar chocolate 55-65% cocoa mass (depending on desired strength)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Candy Canes
In a saucepan, whisk milk and brown sugar to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Chop chocolate in small pieces and whisk 3/4 of it into hot milk.
(For a stronger chocolate flavor add more chocolate.)
Add salt and vanilla extract.
Pour in mugs and serve with chocolate-dipped peppermint candy canes.
Note: You can make hot cocoa more luxurious by replacing 1 cup of milk with half and half.