- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 Teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 Pound fresh medium-sized asparagus
- 8 Ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 small orange, cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (5- to 6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
Preheat the broiler with the oven rack 6 inches from the heat. Whisk together the honey, soy sauce, mustard, rice wine vinegar, and red pepper in a small bowl.
Snap off and discard the tough ends of the asparagus. Place the asparagus, green beans, orange slices, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl, and toss to coat.
Place the salmon in the center of a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Brush the salmon with about 2 tablespoons of the honey mixture. Spread the asparagus mixture around the salmon.
Broil 4 minutes; remove from the oven, and brush the salmon with about 2 tablespoons of the honey mixture. Return to the oven, and broil 4 more minutes. Remove from the oven, and brush the salmon with the remaining honey mixture. Return to the oven, and broil 2 more minutes. Garnish with the sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipes excerpted with permission from One Sheet Eats by Oxmoor House (Time Inc. Books, 2017)