- 4 thick slices of hand-cut, crusty white bread
- Soft salted butter, for spreading
- 2 ounces Venezuelan 72-percent dark chocolate
- 6 slices honey-cured bacon
- 3 ounces very ripe Stilton
Preheat the broiler until very hot. Place the bread under the broiler, and lightly toast on both sides, then spread with butter. Grate the chocolate on top and return to the broiler briefly to melt, taking care not to let the chocolate burn. Remove from heat.
Immediately place the bacon under the broiler until the edges are crisp and caramelized. Place on the chocolate and finish with a generous crumbling of Stilton. Lay the remaining buttered slice on top and press firmly. Enjoy!