- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tablespoons white breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 lemon, grated and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 14 Ounces white fish, cut into 12 strips
- 4 Tablespoons extra-light mayonnaise
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Brush a nonstick baking tray with a little of the olive oil.
Pour the beaten egg into a wide bowl. Put the breadcrumbs on a plate and mix in the mixed herbs, lemon zest, and a little salt and pepper.
Dip each piece of fish first in the egg, then in the breadcrumbs, making sure it’s lightly coated in each and put on the prepared baking tray. Lightly drizzle the remaining olive oil over the top and cook in the oven for 15-18 minutes until golden.
Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Serve the fish goujons with the lemon mayonnaise on the side.