Holly Clegg’s Olive Cheese Cocktail Bread
Freeze and please appetizers. Distinct flavors meld together for this outstanding party vegetarian pick-up that doesn't leave you feeling guilty!
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded reduced fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf cocktail rye bread or sourdough bread
In bowl, mix together all the ingredients except the bread. Spread on top bread slices.
Freeze flat on baking sheet few hours, then place in resealable freezable bags.
Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Bake 10-12 minutes, just until corners of bread start to turn brown.
Spicy Advice: If cooking immediately, (not frozen) bake 8-10 minutes. Raid an olive bar for good quality Kalamata olives…it makes a difference.