Hearty Halftime Chili
This chili is great for football season. It can be served with chips, bread, or just plain.
- 1 Pound lean ground beef (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 32 Ounces jar tomato sauce or stewed tomatoes
- 2 Cups diced zucchini
- 2 Cups chopped kale
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- 2 Teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground paprika
Brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat in a large saucepan. Drain after.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients and bring to a soft boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, allowing the vegetables to soften and flavors to meld.
Garnish with sliced avocado and green onions. Serve with Chia Cornbread Muffins, if you'd like!