View recipe with images on the blog: http://www.thebutterhalf.com/hearty-healthy-taco-soup/ (Posted here with author's permission).
- 1/2 Cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Pound Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 Ounce Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 Cups Water
- 15 Ounces Canned corn
- 15 Ounces Canned black beans
- 15 Ounces Canned diced tomatoes
- 15 Ounces Canned mild diced green chiles
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
- 1 Ounce Dry Ranch Dressing (1 package)
1. In a large skillet, cook the onions in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add in the ground turkey, and cook until barely browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in the taco seasoning and water, and mix well. 2. Pour the canned corn, beans, tomatoes, chiles, and chicken stock into a large pot. Add in the cooked ground turkey and dry ranch dressing. Stir well and cover. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes until warm. 3. Serve while warm. Top with sour cream and shredded cheese, and garnish with green onions. Serve with warm corn bread or tortilla chips. Enjoy!