- 4 cups habanero hot sauce, such as Melissa’s
- 3 -5 ounces sweet Thai chile sauce
- 1/4 cup Tabasco
- Canola oil (or other cooking oil), for frying
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Flour, for coating the chicken
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 10 medium-sized chicken wings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 leaf Bibb lettuce, for serving
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Carrots, celery, and jicama, cut into sticks, for serving
Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Once the mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer until it has reduced by 1/3, about 15 minutes.
In a large pot, heat about 1-inch canola oil over high heat to 375 degrees. Meanwhile, place the eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs separately in 3 shallow dishes. Season the wings with salt and pepper, to taste.
Dip the wings one by one into the egg mixture, then the flour, and roll in the breadcrumbs to coat. Fry the wings in the hot oil. Remove the wings once they have floated to the top and are a golden brown color.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the wings, sauce, and butter until the wings are coated well. Serve on a Bibb lettuce leaf with blue cheese dressing, carrots, celery, and jicama sticks.