Grilled Steak Sandwiches with Goat Cheese & Arugula Recipe Recipe
A summertime favorite of mine. Sandwiches made with grilled steak are great for serving a crowd of friends as everyone can hang around the grill while the meat is cooking and assembling the sandwiches is really easy!
- 3 boneless steaks, such as flank, skirt, or rib-eye, fat trimmed
- Salt, for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 3 baguettes, sliced in half
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, or another creamy cheese, at room temperature
- 1 bag pre-washed baby arugula
- ¼ cup grainy mustard or pesto
Heat grill to high. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Place the steaks on the grill and cook 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer them to a plate and then let them rest 10 minutes.
While the steaks cook, prep the ingredients for the sandwiches. Once the steak has rested, thinly slice the meat against the grain. Open up the baguettes and spread the bottoms with the goat cheese. Add the arugula on top, and then the sliced steak. Spread the mustard or pesto to the top half and close sandwiches. You also can add other veggies in there like roasted peppers or sliced onions. Cut into sections, about three per baguette, and serve.