Here, sweet juicy watermelon and pleasantly bitter arugula combine into a fantastic salad, which also gets a savory boost from perfectly grilled shrimp.
- 1 Pound medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cups diced watermelon
- 4 Cups arugula
- 1/2 Cup red onions, sliced thinly
Preheat a grill on moderate heat.
In a bowl, toss the shrimp with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill until opaque and just cooked through.
In a bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the shrimp, arugula, onions and watermelon and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.