Grilled Salmon with Greek Orzo Salad
This is a great healthy lunch or dinner. Great in the summer and quick & easy to prepare. For this recipe I only use True North Salmon because it is the freshest salmon available and it's delicious.
For Orzo Salad:
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and fine diced
- fresh-ground black pepper
- 4 plum roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1/3 Cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 Cup black calamata olives
- 1/2 Pound orzo pasta
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 4 6oz True North Salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill stems removed, chopped
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- TT kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper
For Orzo Salad:
In a strainer set over a medium bowl, toss the cucumber, onion and tomatoes with 1 tsp of kosher salt and let drain for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until just done, about 9 minutes. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
Toss the cooked orzo with the olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, fresh dill and black pepper. Fold in the cucumber mix and the black olives. Set aside while you cook the salmon.
Season both sides of salmon generously with salt and pepper.
Blend dill and olive oil together and brush over salmon. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
Pre-heat grill (or broiler) until very hot. Place salmon on grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fillets (for a 3/4" thick piece, this will yield perfectly cooked salmon, medium rare).
Mound the orzo evenly in the center of four plates. Top with the salmon and garnish with fresh lemon zest and chopped dill.