- 1/3 Cup lime juice
- 3 habanero or Scotch bonnet peppers
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 3 scallions, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 2 Tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard seeds
- 2 Teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 8 whole chicken legs
In a food processor, blend together the lime juice, peppers, vinegar, orange juice, scallions, basil, thyme, mustard seeds, allspice, cloves, salt, and pepper, until smooth.
Pour the jerk mixture into a large bowl. Add the chicken legs and toss well to coat the chicken. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Lightly oil the grill rack, and heat the grill to medium-high. Arrange the chicken skin side down on the cooler part of the grill. Cover the grill and cook the chicken for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook for a further 15 minutes.