- 4 small or 2 large hanger steaks (also called hanging tenders or onglet), 24-28 ounces total
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 4 large waxy potatoes such as red bliss, sliced into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary or thyme
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 8 ounces mixed greens, lightly dressed
- 1 cup sweet chile sauce
- ½ cup crème fraîche or sour cream
Pre-heat your grill to medium hot. Rub the hanger steaks with a little salt, pepper, and peanut oil. Set them aside. Place the potatoes on a medium stainless-steel bowl with the olive oil, rosemary, mustard, and a little salt and pepper. Toss to combine well. Place them on the grill over indirect heat for around 30 minutes, turning once.
Grill the steaks over direct heat to your desired temperature and let them rest a couple minutes. Meanwhile, dress the greens and plate. Slice the steaks into ½-inch medallions and plate.
Spoon the sweet chile sauce over the steaks and serve with the potato wedges and crème fraîche for dipping.