"Peaches are my favorite summer fruit. Though I like them best out of hand, they taste glorious in pies and cobblers and as a change from strawberries with shortcake. They make great sauces for BBQ and can be used for salsa, but this year I decided to use them hot off the grill. They are superb in salads and the grill gives them such robust flavor. "
- 1/2 bag spring greens salad mix
- 1/2 bag baby arugula
- 2 peaches, washed, quartered, brushed with oil and grilled
- 1 8 ounce package of Halloumi, sliced, bushed with oil, and grilled
- handful pomegranate seeds
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Marcona almonds, roughly chopped
- 4-6 tomatoes of all colors, chopped
- lemon oregano pesto or basil pesto thinned with buttermilk, until a dressing consistency is reached
Pile salad greens on platter.
Grill peaches and Halloumi and set aside until ready.
Top greens with all ingredients.
Scatter peaches and Halloumi on top and drizzle with dressing.
Serve with bread and your favorite Rose!