"My new go-to recipe for picnics is Grilled Corn Mac & Cheese. Why, you ask? Three reasons: 1. It makes a wonderful companion to any dish my husband decides to grill. 2. It features lots of creamy Kerrygold cheese. 3. Who doesn't love mac & cheese." - Theresa of The Food Hunter's Guide food blog.
- 3 Cups large shell pasta, uncooked (6 cups cooked)
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter (I used Kerrygold)
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 Cup (4 ounces) Kerrygold Aged Cheddar, shredded
- 1 box of Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese Wedges
- 2 ears of corn, grilled and removed from cob
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, make cheese sauce. Over medium high heat, melt butter in large sauce pan and whisk in flour. Whisk for about 2 minutes. Add milk and continue to whisk to avoid any clumps. Cook until mixture thickens and begins to bubble, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir cheese and thyme. Add corn and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.