Grilled Brie & Goat Cheese with Bacon and Green Tomato
Two cheeses, crisped bacon, and a super fresh green tomato make this sandwich extra flavorful, especially when pressed.
- 8 slices of center cut bacon, 1/4 thick
- 10 Teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 slices pullman bread
- 12 Ounces brie, thinly sliced with a serrated knife
- 2 green tomatos, sliced ¼ inch thick
- 8 Ounces soft goat cheese, cut into 8 Slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
Put the bacon in a large skillet or on a griddle and cook, flipping it once, over medium heat until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Break each piece in half and set aside.Heat a cast iron griddle or cast iron pan over medium.Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Flip over 4 of the bread slices and layer each with 3 to 4 slices of Brie, 2 Green Tomato slices, 2 slices of Goat Cheese, and 4 Slices of the bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Place the remaining bread slices on top, butter side up, and cook on the griddle until the bottom is golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip the sandwich over, cover with heat proof bowl (to melt the cheese), and continue cooking until the bottom is golden brown and the Brie has melted, 3 to 4 minutes.