Grilled Asparagus Bundles with Dijon-Orange Vinaigrette
An elegant yet simple way to dress up asparagus. Grilled spears are tied together with chives and topped with a flavorful orange vinaigrette.
- 2 Tablespoons honey or apricot paste
- 4 Teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 2 Teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 Teaspoon grated orange zest
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Chives, for garnish
- 1/4 Cup chopped, peeled orange or mandarin
Prepare a grill or grill pan for medium-high-heat cooking.
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the honey, mustard, vinegar, juice, tarragon, shallot, zest, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside. Grill the asparagus until browned and tender, 4 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking. Separate the grilled asparagus into 4 bundles and tie each with chives. Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with chopped orange.