Goat Cheese, Bacon and Mango Crostini
These Goat Cheese, Bacon and Mango Crostini are the perfect appetizer for special celebrations or treat for an evening at home with family and friends.
Balsamic syrup can be stored at room temperature for up to one week.
Nutrition analysis per serving: Each serving (1/12 of recipe) contains 369 calories; 30 g carbohydrate (10% Daily Value); 2 g fiber (6% Daily Value); 12 g protein (24% Daily Value); 22 g fat (34% daily value); 9 g saturated fat (43% Daily Value), 34 mg cholesterol (11% Daily Value); 631 mg sodium (26% Daily Value), and 176 mg potassium (5% Daily Value).
- 1 baguette, sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Pound bacon, chopped
- 1 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 8 Ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 large mangos (about 2 pounds), peeled, pitted and diced
- 3 green onions, sliced thin (about 1/3 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sliced baguette on large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Sprinkle with salt and bake, until golden brown and crisp, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through baking. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, 12 to 15 minutes.
4. Using slotted spoon, remove from pan and drain on paper towel lined plate.
5. In small, non-reactive saucepan, simmer 1 cup of balsamic vinegar and 3 tablespoons sugar over medium heat until reduced by half and balsamic is thick and syrupy, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
6. To assemble, spread toasted bread with 1 ½ teaspoons goat cheese, top with diced mango, sprinkle with cooked bacon, and drizzle with cooled balsamic syrup. Top with sliced green onions.