For the taco
- 1/2 Cup sweet chili sauce
- 4 1/2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 5 1/2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Korean pepper (aleppo)
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 Pounds chicken breast, sliced and ground
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 3 avocados
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 12 Gyoza wraps, red label
- 1/2 head ocean gem lettuce cups, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
For the taco
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, and Korean pepper. Set this aside. In a sauté pan with canola oil, add the chopped onion and red pepper. When the onions are golden brown, add the ground chicken breast. Add the marinade and cook together over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the corn starch and water slowly to this mixture and turn to low heat.
To make the guacamole, peel the avocados and carefully remove the seeds. In a large mixing bowl, combine the avocados, salt, olive oil, and lime juice. Mix these with a fork to desired consistency, and set aside.
In a saute pan with canola oil, fry the Gyoza wraps until they are golden brown and crispy. These will be your taco shells. In each taco shell, add chopped lettuce, scallions, and guacamole, and finish with chicken.