- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and cut into rings
- 2 Cups freshly shelled peas
- 1/2 Cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 small head butter lettuce, leaves cut into thick ribbons
- Handful fresh dill, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of microgreens, for garnish
Melt the butter in a medium sized skillet. Add the shallot rings and cook for a couple of minutes, until softened but not browned.
Add the peas and cook until they glisten with butter, approximately 1-2 minutes.
Pour in the stock and cook for 1 more minute, until the peas are cooked, but still retain some bite.
Add the lettuce to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lettuce wilts and the liquid has evaporated. There should be just enough liquid left to cover everything in a light glaze. If everything is cooked before the liquid has evaporated, remove the peas and lettuce, and continue to cook the butter and stock to a glaze, before pouring it over the peas.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the dill.
Serve immediately, sprinkled with a handful of microgreens.