Fig, Caramelized Onion, Prosciutto & Goat Cheese Pizza
Figs, considered a symbol of fertility and revered as an aphrodisiac, turn pizza into an alluring palate pleasing masterpiece.
- 1 Teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Pinch of sugar
- One 12-ounce thin pizza crust
- 2 Tablespoons orange marmalade
- 4 Ounces figs, sliced into thirds
- 2 Ounces prosciutto, cut into pieces
- 1/2 Cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 Cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 Teaspoon dried rosemary leaves (optional)
In small nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and sauté the onion, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until it starts to turn golden. Add the sugar and continue cooking until the onion takes on a caramel color. Set aside to cool.
Preheat the oven 450 degrees. On the pizza crust, spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cover with the orange marmalade. Arrange he tcooled onions, figs, prosciutto, goat cheese, and mozzarella on the crust.
Sprinkle with rosemary, if desired. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust crisp.