- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut from the cob
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 Ounces feta
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 Cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pasta
- 1 Pound orecchiette
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 Cup minced parsley
- 2 Cups loosely packed mix of spinach and arugula, or more if desired
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add the peppers and corn. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and sauté until the corn is cooked and the peppers are just soft, about 5 minutes.
To make the dressing, add 1/2 of the feta and the heavy cream to a small bowl and mash with a spoon. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Slowly whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil until fully incorporated.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the orecchiette according to the package directions. Drain the pasta, drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, and add the pasta back to the pot or to a serving bowl. Add the peppers, corn, and dressing to the pasta and toss. Add the red onion, tomato, parsley, spinach and arugula mix, the remaining feta cheese, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Toss again and serve.