Are you a Qdoba lover? Then this margarita is perfect for you. This recipe comes from Ted Stoner, head chef at Qdoba Mexican Grill, who travels throughout Mexico and the U.S. gaining inspiration for many of the dishes he creates. The Grill, founded in Denver in 1995, is among North America’s largest Mexican fast-casual chains, with more than 600 restaurants in 45 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada. This festive margarita is a beautiful red color that has a great kick from unexpected chili powder. Try this for an unexpected twist on a typically sweeter margarita.
- 2 Ounces Blanco tequila
- 4 Ounces Cranberry juice
- 4 Ounces Ruby red grapefruit juice
- 2 Tablespoons Ancho chile powder
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
1. Mix in cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Rim margarita glass with a blend of kosher salt and ancho chile powder.
3. Pour over ice filled glass and garnish with a lime and star anise.