Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that make all the difference, like with these basic bacon cheeseburgers that use Swiss cheese rather than more common choices like American or Cheddar. It’s just the right amount of flare to make these burgers unique and memorable in our books.
- 1 Pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 Ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese, such as Emmi Switzerland Swiss Cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half
- 4 small hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- Lettuce, tomato, roasted red peppers, hot sauce, and onions, for garnish
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Season the beef with salt and pepper and form into 8 small, thin patties. Evenly place 3 ounces of the sliced Swiss in the center of the 4 patties. Top with remaining patties, and firmly press the edges to seal.
Place the sliders on the grill and cook to desired doneness. Just before the sliders reach desired internal temperature, top with the remaining slices of cheese and cook for 1-2 additional minutes, or until the cheese begins to melt. Layer garnishes and bacon on bottom bun, transfer sliders to bun, and serve.