Sweet, crunchy granola is delicious, but store-bought varieties can sometimes be loaded with calories and added sugar. Try making your own from scratch; it’s quick and easy. This recipe from ELEMENT snacks, using their non-GMO, gluten-free, chocolate-dipped rice cakes, makes this tasty treat guilt-free, too.
Recipe courtesy of ELEMENT snacks. For more information on their products, please visit their website.
- 1 Cup raw, shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1 Cup dried cherries
- 3 dark chocolate-dipped rice cakes (such as Element rice cakes), chopped into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon dried pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup, grade B
- Pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients except the rice cakes together in a large bowl to distribute them evenly, and then pour the mixture out onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Spread into one even layer and bake for 20 minutes.
Let the granola cook completely and then break it apart. Add the rice cakes to the cooled mixture.