Huevos Rancheros gives your eggs a pop of heat and color that'll break brunch monotomy.
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup chopped green pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 Cup diced tomato
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 Eggland's Best large eggs
Heat oil in a medium skillet and saute onions, green peppers, and garlic for 5 minutes. If using hot pepper, add to skillet, and cook for another minute.
Add tomato, oregano, salt, and black pepper to skillet and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until tomato softens.
In a separate skillet, break eggs into 4 places and cook until the bottom of the eggs are set and the whites are almost cooked, about 8 minutes.
Cover and cook until whites are firm and yolks are lightly cooked. Transfer tomatoes to serving plate with eggs on top.