- 2 Cups shelled and frozen edamame
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas
- 8 Ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 Cup raw cashews, finely ground
- 1/2 Cup nutritional yeast
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 1/2 Cups chickpea flour
- Oil, for frying
Place the frozen edamame and can of chickpeas, including the liquid, in a saucepan and warm through, until the edamame have defrosted.
Combine the edamame, chickpeas and liquid, mushrooms, cashew, yeast, garlic, cumin, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a food processor, and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
Slowly add the flour, stirring to combine, until a thicker consistency is formed. Depending on the moisture of your mixture you may just need a little flour, or you may need all of it.
Place the entire bowl in your refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to make it easier to handle. Form into 16 patties.
Heat oil in a sauté pan and fry the patties for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown on both sides.