- 1 Cup California walnut pieces
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup nonfat milk
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/4 teaspoon regular salt)
- 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
- 8 Ounces fettuccine
- 1 1/2 Cup frozen petite peas
- 3/4 Cups Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1 Ounce prosciutto, cut into thin strips
Place walnuts and water in food processor. Purée until very smooth. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, whisk together milk and flour. Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, stirring until slightly thickened and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in walnut mixture; simmer and stir over low heat until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain.
Combine pasta, peas, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and sauce. Stir over low heat just until heated through and pasta is evenly coated with sauce. Top each serving with a few strips of prosciutto.