Why reach for pre-packaged meal kits on the grocery shelf, when you can prepare a hearty, homemade pasta dish right in your own kitchen? Using ingredients you typically have on hand, this easy, one skillet meal is about to become a new family favorite.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 to 26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 3 Cups uncooked pasta, such as penne or rotini
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups), divided
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
Stir in spaghetti sauce, water and Italian seasoning. Bring to boil. Add pasta; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover. Let stand 5 minutes.