This recipe for falafel cuts down on preparation time. It's perfect for those who want an easier version of falafel. — Stacia_
- 1 (fifteen-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 Teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- Canola oil (for frying) or vegetable oil (for frying)
Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt, and pepper (to taste) in medium bowl. Add flour and combine well.
Mash chickpeas, ensuring to mix ingredients together. You can also combine ingredients in a food processor. You want the result to be a thick paste.
Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of ping pong balls. Slightly flatten.
Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees F until golden brown (2 to 5 minutes).